Thursday, June 11, 2009

Route from the sky

So, we're in the plane where Mark's been following the trip on his GPS the whole time. Cool, I thought. Then, he tells me that our running route is right below us. Well, all I see if a bunch of mountains. "Right, he says". Hmmm. I gave him the camera and said, "go to town"; knowing he'd be the only one of us who could identify one mountain or valley from the next. And really, aren't pictures from a plane the best ones? Okay, we needed something to do. It does totally kill me though that Mark was able to find the whole run from the plane. If you know anything about him though, this won't surprise you.

On Day One we'll run from Sausalito to Muir Beach (beach is a good thing, right?):


On Day Two, we'll run up Mt. Tamalpais (I suspect not the easiest day):


We end Day Two at the Mountain Home Inn in Mill Valley (Mark's worried the coffee goes for $50/cup there). Could this be true? Because you know it won't matter to yours truly.


On Day Three, we head (mostly down) Bolinas Ridge (the easy day):


On Day Three, we'll end in Olema (supposed to be great inn and great food):

No comments: