Friday, June 12, 2009

The 8 Mile Cupcake

We took the ferry today from Sausalito to SFO. We did the Cable Car which I've never done during my many visits to the big city. Mark almost got his hiney smooshed by the side mirror of a truck because of course we were hanging off the side! We did the Embarcadaro, Ghirardelli Square, Union Square and The Pier. We tried the public transit system to get home on the cheap and when that didn't work out so well, hitchhiked with some very cool dudes across the Golden Gate Bridge. Quite the adventure.








Bottom of Lombard Street










Cable Car Ride





During our travels, I found Kara's Cupcakes. Now you dessert mongers will know that cupcakes are all the rage right now. But, despite the fact that I know they are just miniature cakes and great packaging, I am a total sucker for them. Kara's (all pink and pretty) were no exception. Now with such a luxury item, you must wait for the perfect moment (and cup of coffee) to partake and we were doing the ATV tour of SFO. Plus, you have to have a solid, but not overly large base layer (aka, lunch) on board beforehand as well.

When all was said and done, I carried this stupid cupcake 8 miles and all the way back to Sausalito before I found my perfect moment (not according to Mark). I can tell you it was awesome. Chocolate with Raspberry Buttercream. Ahhhhh.

All told, a great day. We had the cool dudes drop us off at the top of Sausalito so we could figure out how the heck we're going to cross the freeway tomorrow once we leave on our run. Just a small detail the writer failed to mention. But, I think we've got it figured.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hey CUZ looks like your having fun and the weather looks great too!! keep charging those batteries you need it.

Ron