Friday, September 4, 2009

Consequences of Freedom - Nike Free's Part Three

This is the third post in a series on my experience training in the Nike Free's.  As discussed in previous posts, these shoes are intended as supplements to your existing running shoe.  But, in true E form, I walked for 1 week instead of 3 and ran 5, then 6 miles on consecutive days when I was supposed to try running a single mile. 

My bad.  Really.  I've got this nice pain in my glute which is running down the middle of my hamstring.  And like my long ago sciatic issue, I'm not 100% sure yet if it's muscular or nerves shooting junk down my legs from my lower back.  I suspect it's the latter, but honestly I go back and forth.  For now, I'm running through it hoping it'll go away.  Stop laughing.  You've done it. 

I haven't given up on Freedom, just going back to the original plan.  Back to walking in them for now.....

Love my ASICS GT-2140's.

Run on friends.

No comments: