Monday, July 13, 2009

A Little Bit of Everything

We had a wonderful family weekend in Maupin, OR with my dad. It's quite a hike for just two days, so we like to take Friday and if we're lucky also Monday to make the trip. We'll stop at the half-way point in Portland to see family and friends. Or just hide out and enjoy the city for a few minutes.

Mark had to head home to work yesterday and the kids and I stayed in Portland with Uncle Jason and Aunt Malia to do just this. We'll stop and see my Grandpa (who turned 99 in April) and Grandma in Vancouver on this trip and maybe get a stop into Bob's Red Mill in Milwaukie before we work our way home.

Ja and Malia are a great gift to our family. My sister is a great love and the man she married warms my heart. I'm grateful for them and the role they play in my childrens' lives.

On this morning, I headed out early for a run while they got some downtime watching Narnia.











It was overcast, cool and a little muggy. Quite good running conditions, actually. Malia and Ja live up behind PSU below Vista and Council Crest. When I'm hear, I like to run straight up, wind around and then fly back down. Today, I made it to Council Crest Park before anyone decided they had to fly down the hill in their race to work in the city below. Nice and quiet. There are beautiful houses that overlook this city I love, lots of trees and even trails that make you feel like you are miles away from the city. Today, I experienced them all. I got a little turned around, but turned 8 miles into 10.5 and got back just in time to kiss my sis and Ja good-bye as they headed off to work. I think this will be a start to a very good day.

No comments: